Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can a custom pricelist inherit from the default public price list?

By
Graham
on 7/30/14, 2:09 PM 1,358 views

I have set up my public sales price list, most of the products have quantity price breaks e.g. 1+ = £10, 100+ = £9, 1000+ = £8 etc. This works well. However certain customers have their own pricing quantity breaks but typically for only a small number of products say 5 out of the 500 total products.

I set up a custom price list for each customer that needed one and added the 5 products where the pricing structure is different from the public price list.

When I create a sales order and associate the custom price list the price shows correctly for the products on the price list but when I enter a product that is not in the customers price list it does not pick up the public price it just shows 0.

I could enter all the products against all customers with a custom price list however this would be impossible to maintain. I'm obviously missing somethings as I'm sure Odoo would be able to handle this scenario. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 7/31/14, 3:32 AM

Ah yes. This is default behaviour of OpenERP. If the item is not represented on the pricelist, it will default to a price of 0.

In order to circumvent this I usually create an additional line at the bottom of the custom pricelist. In this line I make sure that the priority is extremely low (I believe a high number such as 9999 will achieve this). Then I will not fill in any product or product category. For the calculation I either point to another pricelist (my default) OR to the price on the product itself.

So in practice:

• 1+ product A 5$
  • 1+ product B 5$
  • 10+ product A 4$
  • 10+ product B 4$
  • Fallback line, NO product, NO product category, "refers to product price"

Hope this helps.

@Ludo: I am desperately trying to setup pricelists; for a simple situation: a) I want to apply a general increase for all products and b) a specific category of product has permanent rebate of 5% which must be applicable after the general increase from the a) rule. How do you configure this business case?

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 4/11/15, 10:15 AM

You want Tier pricing for customers,, right??

Baiju
on 5/2/15, 2:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/30/14, 2:09 PM
Seen: 1358 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM