Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can a company have multiple websites?

Bruce Letterle
on 10/25/14, 8:08 AM 1,734 views

If a company has multiple websites and domains, can they have the sites share the same business data (CRM, Marketing, Accounting, etc.)? I'm pretty sure that cannot be done, but I wanted to ask in case someone knows how to make that work in Odoo.

It would be very helpful to know if this is possible or being planned for a future release. We are a web development company and encounters this situation all the time. One company needs multiple websites, but wants Leads, Orders, etc. to feed into one central CRM and Sales database for the company.

Bruce Letterle
on 11/12/14, 12:00 PM

I m on Odoo 8. Somebody managed to get multi websites on his side?

Pascal Tremblay
on 2/26/15, 8:10 AM

Anas Taji

--Anas Taji--
| 6 7 8
Amman, Jordan
--Anas Taji--

Email: anas.taji@smartway-jo.com

Anas Taji
On 11/16/14, 10:13 AM

You can make multiple versions of your website, have a look HERE

That just allows multiple versions of pages, not separate websites with different domains pointed to them. Also, this feature is not released yet, still in R&D.

Bruce Letterle
on 11/16/14, 11:21 AM

Luke Branch

--Luke Branch--
| 6 7 8
Mui Wo, Lantau, Hong Kong
--Luke Branch--

Luke Branch
On 11/17/14, 6:39 AM

From what I understand this is in the works for the master branch (ie. moving towards version 9.0). Take a look at http://runbot.odoo.com and click the blue arrow to load up a working master version runbot.

Login with username: admin password: admin and go to Settings >> Website Settings > select the dropdown labelled 'localhost' and then 'create and edit'.

You'll see that multi-website functionality it being built in. This is definitely a work in progress and I do not believe there is any chance of it making it into version 8.0 by means of backports due to the structural changes to the database required to relate websites to companies and websites to theme modules among many other relationships that need to be setup.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

5 follower(s)

Asked: 10/25/14, 8:08 AM
Seen: 1734 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM