Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Call action directly instead of button click on wizard

By
Dairidi
on 4/17/15, 7:51 AM 1,118 views

Hi everyone,

i have a Wizard under the "More" Button. It does something on a Button click. Is ist possible that i call the action direct instead of opening the wizard an then call the action on button click. I want the same behavior like the behavior of the reports under the print button. Click the under menu and directly call an action to be done.

Greets Flo

If I'm understanding correctly, you have an action that opens a simple wizard, and this simple wizard is no more than a button, "Do Something". You want to get the "Do Something" function tied directly to the More dropdown action? That's traditionally not now the More menu works with actions, so I'm tempted to say you'll need to do some web interface tweaking to get a new executable function to run from that menu when you're viewing a certain object. Unfortunately I'm not as familiar with QWeb. I could be wrong about requiring QWeb/Javascript changes to get that working.

Brett Lehrer
on 4/17/15, 8:53 AM

Yeah, that's exactly what i wanna do. Sorry for the bit difficult description

Dairidi
on 4/17/15, 9:09 AM
FEDERICO LEONI
On 4/17/15, 6:20 PM

Really interested in! I'm try to do something similar whit reprint function on pos order (ir.actions.report.xml,388) and I would like to create a pdf automatically after validating the pos order on pos UI but I didn't figured out how to implement the server action on the pos workflow. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/17/15, 7:51 AM
Seen: 1118 times
Last updated: 4/23/15, 8:34 AM