Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Calendar participation without notification

By
Peter A
on 8/23/15, 9:04 PM 693 views

Can I have a calendar event that includes a customer without sending a notification to the customer?

I want to have a calendar of installations where the installation is linked to the customer record, but the customers never receive an email invitation — it is an internal record.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)

--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--
| 3 2 5
Jodoigne, Belgium
--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--

Jérémy is a member of the core R&D team since september 2013. He developed several projects for OpenERP version 8 including the eCommerce, the Google Calendar synchronization and the new product variants/configurator. Now, he manages Odoo website and themes for saas.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
On 8/24/15, 3:05 PM

You can add "no_mail_to_attendees" in context ! 

Or if you want never send notification : add ir_config_parameter "calendar.block_mail" 

Thank you Jérémy! Can I specify ir_config_parameter "calendar.block_mail" only for that particular calendar, not for all calendars?

Peter A
on 8/24/15, 3:37 PM
No ;(
I'm speaking about calendar évent and not calendar view ...
About which mail are You speaking ?
Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 8/24/15, 4:07 PM

An event invitation email. I want to block these for all customers whenever they are mentioned on a particular calendar, but I would still like our employees to receive an email.

Peter A
on 8/25/15, 6:50 PM

You can maybe do it in an extra module which overwrite _send_mail_to_attendees ...

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 8/26/15, 3:36 AM

Hello, I am searching for this answer for some time already. Thanks for this in advance. My problem at the moment is that I do not really know how to set neither context variables nor the ir.config_parameters. I found the position where these values are accessed in the source code (see. addons/calendar/calendar.py), but I don't think I should change the source code. Can you please tell me, where to set context parameters like the "no_mail_to_adttendees" globally, so after a possible update the settings are not lost. Is there a global file? Thanks once more

Dominik Furin
on 11/4/15, 3:37 AM

Hi Dominik, The simple way if you want never send email to the attendees, the simple way is "add the ir.config.parameter key". It will be not lost during update because it is a key in database ! You need to be logged with technical feature. In Settings > Technical > Parameters > System Parameters, create a new line with "calendar.block_mail" as key, and what you want as value...

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 11/4/15, 6:03 AM

Can it be, we are talking from different versions of odoo. In odoo 9 I could do it like this, sadly a lot of functionality was still "not working properly", so I switched back to odoo 8. And here I do not find the path you proposed. Already the section "Technical" does not exist, thus neither Parameters and System Parameters. Do you maybe also have a solution for odoo 8. That would be really great.

Dominik Furin
on 11/4/15, 9:00 AM

Stupid me. Now I got it, I did not have the option "Technical features" checked. Thanks a lot for the answer.

Dominik Furin
on 11/23/15, 5:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/23/15, 9:04 PM
Seen: 693 times
Last updated: 8/24/15, 3:05 PM