Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Calendar app versus Project --> Tasks --> Calendar view

By
Istvan Csiszer
on 1/8/16, 10:44 AM 1,030 views

Is it possible to show a task in Calendar app or only in calendar view of tasks?

In other words are there two distinct calendars: one for the 'Calendar' app and the other one for Project --> Tasks --> Calendar view?

Yenthe

--Yenthe--
| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe--

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

Yenthe
On 1/8/16, 10:46 AM

Hi Istvan,

These are two different models so this means it are two seperate calendars.
A new item created under Projects > Tasks will not come under Calendar and items from Calendar will not come under Projects > Tasks by default.
You could however add code so that when you create a new task (or calendar event) that there is a new record created on the other model (calendar or task).

Yenthe

this seems like a major deficiency! if my project tasks is not shown on my group calendar what is the point of having a group calendar. seems that adding some simple code would fix this: if projects installed then show Deadlines on calendar can i add this myself?

Jonathan Decker
on 5/10/16, 2:15 PM

An Automated Action (watch for tasks to be created) that runs a Server Action (create a matching group calendar appointment) may be a good way to do this. Check the demo database for the Automated Action "Set Auto Followers on leads which are urgent and come from USA." to get started on understanding how this might work.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/10/16, 2:33 PM

seems like there could be a way to add a view that also shows the calendar data from the projects instead of making a new Record

Jonathan Decker
on 5/10/16, 5:27 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/8/16, 10:44 AM
Seen: 1030 times
Last updated: 5/10/16, 2:07 PM