Odoo Help

calculating purchase currency

By
Dale
on 4/9/14, 12:47 PM 903 views

Can someone please assist me with this setup if possible.

I am operating in ZAR. I have set my ZAR currency as Base and I have set the currency rate to 1.000000. I will be purchasing from a U.S supplier and so I have set the USD currency to the current rate of 10.4587.

I have created a USD pricelist for purchase and based it on the Cost Price of my products. When I do a purchase order using the USD pricelist I want to see the USD price I pay for the item. I.e. A ZAR product at 1000ZAR should be equal to 95.614USD. However the calculation in the price list MULTIPLIES the currency and not divides. So I am getting 10485.70USD instead.

Must I change the currency or the somehow adjust the formula to arrive at the correct rate or have I got the whole thing wrong?

Thanks

Dale
On 4/16/14, 5:05 PM

So the answer is, when I enter my currency I need to enter it not as at the rate at which I buy it for (in my case R10.05 per USD) but rather as how many USD's are in 1 of my currency (ZAR). Obviously. Silly question, hope this helps someone else in my position

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/9/14, 12:47 PM
Seen: 903 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM