Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I haven't managed to find a credible answer to my scenario so figured this was a good place to ask the question. If anything is unclear or further information is required, please don't hesitate to contact me.
My wife runs a very small business importing products from the UK and selling them here in New Zealand. Currently all order tracking and sales management etc is done in Excel which has become a little unwieldy for what she needs and I've been playing with OpenERP 7 for some time to figure out the best way to configure it to do what she needs. I've pretty much nailed it for most parts (even if a full ERP stack is overkill for a business of this size) however I'm still getting stuck on the landed costs calculations.
All products are setup to use Average Price and are sourced from a supplier in the UK who I have setup with a GBP pricelist, the correct pricelist version etc. When I make test orders and add the freight as a landed cost on the Purchase Order (distributed by value) I get the expected result so I know this side of things is working as I'd hoped.
- Order placed with supplier for varying items (for resale) in GBP
- Order dispatched from supplier with accompanying invoice that includes inbound international freight (still in GBP)
- Incoming shipment reaches NZ border and NZ Customs generate an invoice for inbound customs charges and NZ taxes (in NZD)
- Customs invoice paid, goods released and then received into saleable stock (again in NZD)
I have two key issues.
- The inbound international freight is charged by the supplier so also needs to appear as a line item on the Invoice whilst at the same time being a cost factor into the landed cost for each of the product line items.
- Each inbound order also attracts additional costs (such as NZ Goods & Services Tax, duty, customs processing costs etc.) when entering New Zealand which is invoiced separately by a different partner, in a different currency from the main order. These costs also need to be reflected in the landed costs of the line items in the original Purchase Order.
I'm sure this is simply my infancy with using OpenERP rather than a systemic issue but for the life of me I can't figure out what I need to do to enable the functionality that is required. Can anyone provide guidance?
Many thanks in advance,
The problem you just described does exist: 1. There is no module in Open ERP for landed costs. There is just a community module created by users of OpenERP. 2. This community module doesn't work properly. There are no correct journal entries generated as the landed costs dont add the value to cost of goods. There are no separate liablilites created against possible multiple landed cost suppliers as transport companies, customs department etc. I was a bit dissapointed when I understood that I needed a customization.
Maybe you should contact the software developer and customize the purchase order or Invoice documents as you wish if it will be priceworth for you;
Wish U Success;
I read your requirement, I have worked on landed cost module in V6.1. It was custom requirement. I am not sure if that module will well-work on V7. So for now, you can try following module,
Install and test this module, I think this module will solve your problems.
Let me know if this helps, if not I will install and then help you.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/17/14, 8:54 PM|
|Seen: 2469 times|
|Last updated: 11/5/15, 12:43 PM|