This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi guys

I have been sifting through the forum looking for an answer for this and I have not found any thing and if it is there I apologize. My company is a pay for print copy company specializing in wide format printing. The issue I have is how to make a prduct that will calculate the cost of a set of prints.

Example: Customer walks threw thr door with a copy job of 5 original drawings and they need 5 copies of each made. The original drawings are 24inc long by 36inc wide. There is 6 square feet to this drawing billed at $.35 per square foot = $2.10 per page x 5 drawings = $10.50 x 5 sets of copys = $52.50

What I need is a product that a sales person can enter the amount of originals documents and copys desired and dimensions and have the system automatically calculate the cost.

Discard
Best Answer

This is a very old post, but maybe someone found the answer to this question, we have the same issue With Odoo SAAS 16.3. I want a way to have a product that will ask for dimensions to calculate the cost, based on the material used.

So if a letter size page cost $2.60, and the client requires 8x 5"x4" printing, then the system can calculate that 5" x 4" fits 4 times in a Letter size page,  so to print 8 copies it needs only 2 Letter size Pages that cost $2.60 each, plus 4 cuts in the guillotine lets say $0.10 each.. Total is $5.40

I do this manually, but I would love to do this automatics, since the sales persons on the company not always know how to calculate how many prints fits on one letter size or A4 sheet to calculate costs

Discard
Best Answer

My company has similar requirements and I have been looking for a similar way to calculate $/MSF for a while.

This is going to require custom coding. I don't know if there is a community module out there that does it already, maybe there is, but openerp out the the box cannot do what you are asking to do.

the Partners listed here can help you implement custom modules. https://www.openerp.com/partners/directory

Ursa systems has people on this site answering questions regularly, I have interacted with some of the silver partners also. Nice professional people.

Discard
Author Best Answer

in our case we are using a horrifically outdated accounting system and would like to upgrade to openerp. we are willing to pay for this functionality. Any one know of a good company to contact?

Discard

i have updated my answer please upvote or mark as solution if it helps you.