This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Setting: a service scenario with Invoicing policy on “delivered quantities”. Is it possible to calculate the value of the sales order based on delivered quantities on not on ordered quantities?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks Ermin and no I don’t have a time machine :-) 

I don’t think we are processing matters against the laws of nature. These are the process steps that we are taking:

1) creating a quotation with ordered quantities. Value of the quotation is based on the ordered quantities.

2) confirming the sale => column delivered quantities becomes available. Creation of a sales order.

3) executing the service => entering the delivered quantities. Value of the sales order is not adjusted to the delivered quantities but remains based on the ordered quantities.

4) Invoicing the sale => invoice is based on the delivered quantities.

It just seems awkward to me that after entering the delivered quantities in the sales order value is not updated to the delivered quantities.

Discard
Best Answer

Do you have a time machine? :-)

Natural processing is: ordering -> delivering -> invoicing

This is a process sequence in time. If you are creating a sales order ex post (means at a point time when you already know the delivered quantities), you can directly create a sales order based on the delivered quantities to have a pro forma sales order if this is what you want. But if your business workflow is regular, there is no reason (and maybe it is not even legal) to change a business document ex post.

Discard