Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Calculate server workers - Odoo 8

By
Alejandro Perez Cosio
on 2/12/15, 8:42 AM 2,069 views

Hello everybody, 

I have a cheap Amazon instance (single core, 2GB of RAM) where I want to run Odoo with the workers option but I don't know how to calculate the number of workers I can/need to set. 

Only sometimes (2-5 times a month), I'll have 7-9 users at the same time (1 accountant (doing some fast reports), 4 sellers (POS) and 2 warehouse users), but the most part of time I'll have 2-5 users at the same time (POS sellers and warehouse).

My doubts are: 

• Will this server be enough to handle this charge?
  • How many workers should I set at my config file?
  • Is there any other setting I'm forgetting and I should consider?

Thank you in advance!
Regards

Jordan Vrtanoski
On 2/12/15, 10:34 AM

For up to 10 concurent users, I use 512MB RAM and 1 CPU, and I host the databse on a shared server.
In my cloud, for this case I have two servers, one running the databse (shared by more instances) which is 2GB RAM and 2 CPUs and the application server has 512MB and 1 CPU. On the application server I run the odoo server and the NginX server that controlls the access.

In my tests I was able to tune the server to go up to 30 concurent users on the small instance, but I don't want the server to be more than 70% utilized in peek.

I use 2 worker threads + 1 cron thread per available CPU, and 1 CPU per 10 concurent users. Make sure you tune the memory limits and cpu limits.

I suggest close monitoring of the server resources (CPU, Memory, Network, etc.) in order to further tune the parameters.

Hello Jordan, thank you for your answer, which tool would you recommend to monitor the CPU, Memory, etc?

Alejandro Perez Cosio
on 3/17/15, 10:30 AM

Hello Alejandro, to monitor all your system resources, you could use http://munin-monitoring.org/ which is pretty good, complete and free (in both meanings).

Sathors
on 8/26/15, 10:37 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/12/15, 8:42 AM
Seen: 2069 times
Last updated: 9/19/15, 4:54 AM