Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

bzr vs nightly codes?

By
eric machine
on 3/11/13, 10:47 PM 1,196 views

Which is the better approach to get the latest OpenERP 7 source code and stable one for production use at my office catering for 5 workforce?

I know bzr can pull latest codes, but I recently deployed 1 at my office. Somehow it had the chrome bug rendering issue. Then I removed the bzr approach, and directly downloaded the nightly source files, it worked. No bugs.

By right, bzr way should work better than nightly source files right? Or bzr from branch 7.0 is not as stable as from trunk? or not as stable as codes places in the nightly source folders?

I am using ubuntu 12.04 LTS for my server. Any help? Thanks.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/12/13, 12:51 AM

I don't think you ever want to download updates to a production server without testing first.

I would create a production installation, and a test installation. Pull the bzr updates to the test server, and after you test it out, move the updated files to your production server.

eric machine
On 3/12/13, 6:36 AM

thanks for the suggestions :)

so basically bzr is the better approach than using the nightly codes?

but what's the differences between bzr codes and nightly codes?

any help? thanks.

Can't find the post where I read: nightly : code passed some maven-test. So it may be better and more stable than the bzr

xiaolong97427
on 3/12/13, 7:52 AM

thanks :) is there a way to still use bzr but instead of getting from trunk or branch 7.0, i get from nightly codes? something like that?

eric machine
on 3/12/13, 10:06 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/13, 10:47 PM
Seen: 1196 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM