Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Button going from back office to front office

By
Jordi Riera
on 9/22/14, 12:25 PM 1,012 views

Hello!

I am looking to add a button to a view of product.template that would open the same product.template but into the front office shop.

I don't see how to achieve it.

I took a look how the "website" button in the back office header is done and I don't see how to apply it to a header of a view for instance.

Then I though about to hack website_sale controller, but no great idea how to achieve it also.

Did anyone already success to create a bridge between back office and front office?

Help is welcome.

Jordi

William Beverly
On 9/22/14, 2:38 PM

Hi Jordi,
Have a look at the website_quote module from Odoo.

When installed, this module allows the creation of a  button to help you view the quotation online - this button brings you directly from the Back office to the Front office.

Maybe you can analyse the behaviour of this link and replicate it to your needs.

Jordi Riera
On 9/23/14, 10:00 AM

Thanks Will,

I based my work on website_quote and worked fine.

return {
            'type': 'ir.actions.act_url',
            'target': 'self',
            'url': '/shop/product/%s' % slug(product_template)
}

The trick was to set the type to 'ir.action.act_url'

Regards,

Jordi

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/22/14, 12:25 PM
Seen: 1012 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM