This question has been flagged

For all sales orders, a sales user cannot confirm an order unless they have the Warehouse Manager role. When tehy try, they get a message:

Access Denied

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this document. Only users with the following access level are currently allowed to do that:

-Warehouse/Manager

(Document Model: shipping.response)

(Can we not enter code in the forums anymore?)

This process is not useful because our sales people are not warehouse personnel. I believe this error is because a delivery order is generated when you confirm a sales order. Can it not generate an order without allowing a user to see it? That's not a very good model to prevent user's from doing step 1 because they will never see--nor ever need to see--the next step in the process. It has no bearing on the sales user whatsoever. 

Discard
Best Answer

In my Odoo version I can't find the object "shipping.response" anywhere. This usually means that it is not part of the OpenERP core modules. Are you sure it is not part of a custom module?

If so, you (or the creator of that module) should change the access rights CSV file to grant access rights to the sale manager as well. That is easily done by adding a line to the document giving the sale manager read-rights at least.

Discard
Author

This is correct. I saw Base on the list view but opening it up to form showed me the module it is on and I see now it is definitely from a community module. Thanks for correcting this oversight.