Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

BUG: Partner.form invoices view matches on name instead of ID in v7? [Closed]

By
Sean Samborski
on 8/14/14, 3:20 PM 609 views

The Question has been closed for reason: off-topic or not relevant

by
Ray Carnes
on 08/14/2014 15:30:18

To reproduce this error:

1) Create a partner named Unlimited

2) Create a second partner named Unlimited Plus

3) Create invoices for both partners

4) Go to partner.form of Unlimited

5) Select More -> Invoices

6) In the returned list view of invoices, see invoices for both Unlimited and Unlimited Plus

It appears by default the system is matching on Name instead of ID so if the name of your partner matches part of another partner, it will return those invoices as well. This creates a scenario where the totals on the invoices view is wrong because it has other partner's invoices in the same list and total calculation.

If the system were to search these records by partner ID, it would provide a unique key to ensure it was only matching that partner's records instead of matching incorrectly.

Closing this - bugs don't get reported here - see the link at the very bottom of the page - https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/14/14, 3:30 PM

Also, I can't replicate this. When I go to Unlimited and navigate to Invoices I see only the invoice I created for them. When I go to Unlimited Plus and navigate to Invoices I see only the invoice I created for them. I checked the Window Action and is searches on the current customer(s) id, not name.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/14/14, 4:01 PM

Ok. I'll post bugs elsewhere. Mine is set to action = active ID as well but Unlimited has active ID 15675 and Unlimited Plus has an active ID of 17601. So there's a disconnect somewhere. But I'll report this elsewhere.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 8/14/14, 4:24 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/14/14, 3:20 PM
Seen: 609 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM