Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[BUG] Cleaning locations and warehouses with integrity errors in v7 (recursive references)?

By
Sean Samborski
on 12/21/13, 5:07 PM 1,038 views

Since the warehouses, locations, push flows, etc process is highly confusing, I've been doing a lot of trial and error testing trying to get everything working correctly. Now that I think I have the solution worked out, I need to delete the incorrect locations/warehouses but now I get integrity errors since stock moves reference these locations/warehouses. Since these are completed stock moves, I can't delete them because it says I can only delete draft moves.

This is a testing environment, but it seems a little silly to have to delete an entire instance just to clean up one section when it should be possible to somehow manage to trial and error things confusing aspects without having to start over from scratch in a new testing dev.

EDIT: Additionally, I can't clean virtually any process, which seems a little harsh as the end users are bound to make mistakes here and there. I.e. I can't delete a purchase order without first deleting the receptions. I can't delete the receptions because they are "Done" without canceling the incoming shipments. I can't delete the incoming shipments because I can't delete in state "done." So I cancel the shipment. Now I can't delete the shipment because you can't delete in state "canceled," can't delete the reception because shipment is canceled and so on up the chain. The users are GOING to make mistakes and they will need to be able to go back and delete incorrect orders, shipments, etc. How are you supposed to do this?

EDIT2: During this process I get a lot of recursive requests like can't cancel Purchase Order because of Delivery Order but can't return items from a Delivery Order because items are DONE in Purchase Order. I get a lot of Warnings: No products to return (only lines in Done state and not fully returned yet can be returned)! which is listed as a "fixed" bug here https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1104766

Ravish Murari (rmu)
On 1/9/14, 3:03 AM

Hello,

please go through this link

https://www.openerp.com/apps/7.0/stock_cancel/

this module will help to cancel stock move also you can delete draft picking and cancel orders.

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/21/13, 5:07 PM
Seen: 1038 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM