Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Block someone from seeing chart of accounts

By
damani neelu
on 6/10/14, 10:36 AM 554 views

Hi there,

I want to block anyone from seeing the chart of accounts (except admin of course) I went to the view tab under accountant group but for some reason, it is not possible to deny access to it at any level of user. Can someone chime in?

Regards,

Manoj Kumar

damani neelu
On 6/11/14, 1:18 AM

I dont want anyone to view the profit of the company. I can block accounting reports just fine but anyone can open the chart of accounts and see the retained earnings. The reason why they are required to get accounting access is to make journal entries which will then get approved by me.

Ah, now I see what you mean. If the user can make journal entries, then technically he or she has full access in another way. Removing the filters from the view and grouping the results could also lead to such a situation. Something to take note of I would say. An easy (but temporarily) solution would be to remove the menuitem for the chart of accounts from the group the users belong to. The problem with restricting the access to the object account_account (which is what the chart of account views) is that the restriction also counts for your individual accounts. If you still want these people to make journal entries, you will have no option but to provide at least read access on the account_account object. Maybe someone else has a better idea for now?

Ludo - Neobis
on 6/11/14, 5:36 AM

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 6/10/14, 11:08 AM

Not quite sure what you try to achieve, but couldn't you just make sure that only administrator is member of the accounting group? 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/10/14, 10:36 AM
Seen: 554 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM