This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In V10, is there any way to create annual blanket sales orders, similar to how a blanket purchase agreement is created? Our customers tell us the yearly quantity that they require and that quantity is ordered throughout the year. If we put in the yearly quantity in a sales order and run reorder rules, the system orders the whole quantity for a year. Is there a way to break the orders up into releases?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Robert!

I have discussed a couple of possibilities with my consultant but neither seems to be satisfactory:

1. Capturing the releases as individual sales orders

Allows for issuing order confirmation and other documents for each release. Downside: not clear how to do the blanket Quotation/Order and quantities delivered / outstanding for the blanket order. EDIT: Additional downside: there is no backorder for the remaining quantity and the need to fulfill the open items doesn't show up in the manufacturing forecast.

2. One sales order for all releases

The manufacturing order for the whole quantity can be scheduled at the end, and split when quantities and dates become known. Keeps track of quantities delivered, but not clear how to send confirmation documents for the individual releases and whether the reordering rules will really work as desired.

EDIT: We are now producing order confirmations for the calls by simply adding a note to the initial sales order and re-printing the order confirmation for the whole order.

How did you end up solving this for your company?

Discard

There is also this OCA Module:
https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/15.0/sale_blanket_order/
I can't use it because I'm on Odoo Online.