Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Blanket PO -- Is it possible?

By
Benjamin Fillmore
on 2/13/13, 2:20 PM 1,535 views

It seems to me that I would need to be able to add line items after [Confirm Order], which seems to be impossible. And I can't receive goods without first confirming the order.

Am I missing something? This seems like a very basic use/feature.

Please advise,

Thank you!

Lars
On 4/25/13, 10:29 AM

I have not seen any blanket order functionality so far. What I expected so far is the following. 1 Create a blanket order 2. Create a call of order (new order) the quntity of that order should be deducted from the corresponding blanket order by cancelling quantity. This can be done bu duplication and manually canceling quantity. 3. Receive goods and invoices on the call off orders 4. At the end the blanket order is empty. 5. Recive a null invoice and blanket is closed.

I have not yet figured out how to cancel quantity in several steps. If someone knows how to do that than I can run blanket orders manually until someone write the automation code.

Angela
On 2/13/13, 3:26 PM

I'd say you could add an intermediate state between draft and confirm and during this state you could still add lines. Obviously, the point is that confirming an order has impact on many things (inventories, MRP, invoicing, ...) so changing a confirmed order can be tricky...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/13/13, 2:20 PM
Seen: 1535 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM