Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

blank menu after login

jason fong
on 9/20/16, 1:22 AM 160 views

Odoo was working well for a week already and I am starting to customize the program to fit my needs.  After EACH modification, I will logout and log back in just to make sure that it works.  It was working well last night before I left office, but this morning, the following happens:

1) the weblogin screen is mostly screw up.  It appears to be some kind of CSS corruption.  However, it still display the user/pwd for me to login.  The database selection is working well also.

2) After I login, I ONLY see the logo on the left, BLANK menu on top, and BLANK menu on the left.

I have looked through the online help and it appears that many have run into the problem.  And, the ONLY viable fix is to reinstall!?  I find this somewhat disturbing.

I am currently putting Odoo on a Win10 machine.   The odoo version is 9.0.20160620

I have already cleared the cache, the cookies, and went as far as using incognito mode.  I have also tried Chrome, IE, Edge (which I normally don't use).  Nothing works.

jason fong
on 9/20/16, 2:18 AM

ok.. for your css problem ..try to run following command::

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install nodejs

sudo apt-get install npm

curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_0.10 | sudo bash -

sudo apt-get install -y nodejs

sudo npm install -g npm (to update npm)

sudo npm install -g less less-plugin-clean-css

It might help you to resolve your web screen problem.

on 9/20/16, 2:47 AM

@divya: this will not work on a Windows10 machine. Secondly, if Odoo was working for already a week, he has most probably installed nodejs properly before and the problem is somewhere else.

Ermin Trevisan
on 9/20/16, 10:28 AM
On 9/20/16, 1:57 AM

Hello jason..

Try to clear your browser cookies and reload.

Check your site on other browser.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 9/20/16, 2:24 AM

You should check the Odoo log entries and the browser log. Most probably you have installed a corrupt module.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/20/16, 1:22 AM
Seen: 160 times
Last updated: 9/20/16, 3:20 AM