Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Billing/Paying Subcontractor/Vendor Time

By
Steve Switzer
on 2/27/15, 12:58 PM 596 views

I have a situation where I and providing work for my customer through a sub-contractor. I expect to receive hours reports from my vendor, which I want to type in against project tasks and issues, so I created an employee and user for him. I don't know how to mark this time as payable to a vendor, and I need to be able to create a PO or invoice against this time and have it calculate into COGS. I suppose I could install hr_payroll, but this isn't a true employee situation.

Do others have this situation? How did you choose to handle it?

Thank you!

Jordan Vrtanoski
On 2/27/15, 3:21 PM

You have two "out-of-box" options: 1) set-up the vendor as virtual employee and use the timesheet in combination with HR Payrole to calculate the "salary", than issue invoice based on this calculations. This means that the vendor's resources will be augmented as your resources; or 2) Treat the vendor as a standard supplier and "buy" the hours with the procurment flow. You can use the tasks to monitor how the hours are spent.
If you want better managemet and tracking of the whole process, you will need to create custom module.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/15, 12:58 PM
Seen: 596 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM