Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Billing Partners (Suppliers and Employees)?

Mike Lim
on 6/11/14, 4:38 AM 752 views

I'm currently learning the accounting module of OpenERP and can't seem to find a way how to bill Suppliers or Partners? The idea behind is Company A (uses OpenERP) is an exclusive distributor of a certain brand from Supplier A. Now Company A participates in an event (Tradeshow) and shares all expenses with Supplier A. How will Company A charge Supplier A for the expenses? I was thinking this can be done through journal vouchers although wasn't sure how to implement it. I'm was searching for references but can't find any solution. Also, how can you track payments made by the supplier to these billing? Is there a feature like "Customer Payments" where you can track and reconcile payments of the supplier?

Same question goes for employees. How can you bill an Employee for some expenses?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Zura Tsiklauri

--Zura Tsiklauri--
| 5 2 6
Tbilisi, Georgia
--Zura Tsiklauri--
Zura Tsiklauri
On 6/11/14, 10:19 AM

If Company A spent money on expenses and wants to bill supplier A, company A should register a purchase of that expenses through purchase order and then Sell the same expenses to supplier A with the same purchase price. Regarding payments: Once you sell these expenses to supplier A, there will be an open Invoice generated and from this u can track and reconcile payments.

Mike Lim
On 6/11/14, 10:40 PM

Hello Zura,

Thanks for your answer! Do you mean that Supplier A should also be registered as a Customer so he can be billed normally with SO or Invoice? Although that would split his account into 2 - One is to see all payables to him only and the other one to see receivables only. I was thinking that there would only be one partner account and we can see all payables and receivables. What do you think?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/11/14, 4:38 AM
Seen: 752 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM