Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Bill supplier invoice to project?

By
Aaron Seibert
on 5/3/13, 6:57 PM 2,024 views

Hey all -

I run a web development shop where one of my services is custom wordpress themes/installation/etc. In some cases, a client might want to purchase a third part theme or plugin. I would purchase the theme/plugin and then pass the cost on to the client when the project is billed, but I'm not quite sure how I would do that.

I only create the invoice for the project tasks at the close of the project, or at milestones (whichever we agree upon).

I need it to come in as a supplier invoice (I think) so it's reported correctly as an expense, and then be able to invoice the client when I create an invoice from tasks (not creating a standalone invoice for it.)

I'm using openerp 7

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 5/5/13, 9:37 AM

Try using analytical accounts for managing profitability and costs per project. You can check how to do that on the Accounting e-book. Here is a video that describes the functionality as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E25Wz14VDBU

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer the issue at hand. I wasn't looking for a way to report on it, I was essentially looking for a way to attach an item purchase to a project.

I've figured out that I can invoice a sales order and obtain a supplier invoice through the procurement process, and attach it to the project by allowing fixed charges on the project.

However, what I have now is this:

When I open up the contract for the project, I can invoice sales orders or task items, but not both together (not automatically, anyway.) Ideally, when I close a project and send the final invoice

Aaron Seibert
on 5/5/13, 10:42 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/3/13, 6:57 PM
Seen: 2024 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM