Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Bill of materials for meal recipe's ingredients

on 3/22/13, 11:46 AM 2,702 views

I'm planning to use the bill of materials to create the recipes of several prepared dishes. I'm following this steps:

1. Create de dish (example: burger)
  2. Create a BoM for this dish: (example: lettuce, tomato, pickles, meat, ...)
  3. Sell the dish in the POS
  4. I don't keep dish stock, but raw materials stock in the warehouse.

So far so good, but the REAL QUESTIONS is that the recipes I have are for produce quantities of each dish, like with this kg of lettuce, this kg of tomato, ... I produce 100 burgers. And thats the question, when I sell ONE burger, I want that from the stock is deducted 1/100 of the bill of materials. Is that possible?

The other way I have is to manually calc this for every dish, of course, but I see in the LoM some fields (Qty, Qty UoS, ...) that makes me thinks is possible (but I have not been able to do)

On 3/22/13, 12:57 PM

I think you have to go the second way, you have to figure out for each dish what ammounts exactly you need in order for the BOM do be correctly exploded and managed from the warehouse module

have you found a solution for the 1st way to do it?

Dieter Huelskamp
On 8/2/15, 9:43 PM

did you manage, to have your pos-sales reflected in stock? How exactly did you configure then? I just got a lot of steps (like manufacturing order) I could not find out howto automate. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/22/13, 11:46 AM
Seen: 2702 times
Last updated: 1/20/16, 5:50 PM