Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Bill of Materials costing

By
Dale
on 8/30/16, 9:52 AM 391 views

Hi

I am doing work for a catering company. They quite like Odoo however there is a requirement that I cannot seem to satisfy in my testing. 

They order raw ingredients from suppliers and then make food with those ingredients. I can see that the Bill of Materials will suit this very nicely. However they also need to calculate the cost of the items used in the individual Bill of Materials so that they can see if that item is worth selling.

For example, they order from a supplier 1KG of ground beef @ $10 and 1KG of flour @ $10. Their BoM for a Burger will use 250gms of Ground Beef (effectively costing $2.5) and 250gms of Flour (effectively costing $2.5). So...

If the customer orders 1 x Burgers they want Odoo to calculate that the cost of that order was $5

If the customer orders 2 x Burgers they want Odoo to calculate that the cost of that order was $10  

Can Odoo do this? I see that there were some additional community modules for Version 7. Do these exist for Version 9?

Thanks!

I also found this app to be useful : Product extension to track sales and purchases

Dale
on 9/5/16, 2:23 PM

Thanks Yash. That sounds like the right answer. However where do I find those settings? I do not see the on the product, BoM or module settings in Odoo 9

Also how will I see a report for that Manufacturing order of Cost vs Sale price?

Dale
on 9/5/16, 12:48 PM
Yash Pancholi (yap)
On 8/30/16, 10:19 AM

Hello,

Yes, Odoo 9 has the feature to compute the cost of manufacturing.

You need to keep the Manufacturing product's category Costing Method Real Price and Inventory Valuation Perpetual (automated)

By this way when you manufacture a burger it will post a stock journal entry by Crediting Stock Input Account and Debiting Stock Valuation account with the amount of how much raw material was used with its cost price.

Thanks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/30/16, 9:52 AM
Seen: 391 times
Last updated: 9/5/16, 5:19 PM