Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

BIC Validation Error OpenErp 7 [Closed]

bic
By
jb
on 6/10/13, 7:38 AM 7,489 views

The Question has been closed

by
AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 06/20/2013 13:31:22

When saving an IBAN account This error is raised. I'm sure BIC is correct.

ValidateError

Error occurred while validating the field(s) bic: Please define BIC/Swift code on bank for bank type IBAN Account to make valid payments.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 6/10/13, 5:24 PM

You must define the BIC for the bank if belongs to, before you can put a BIC into the field.

So while the BIC may be correct, it will not be accepted until the bank the BIC belongs to is defined.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try this. But I find this a strange approach. Definitely not clear and friendly ( error message ) .

ChipIT, jb
on 6/10/13, 5:34 PM

I agree with you. the error messages are not always clear

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 6/10/13, 5:56 PM
Vincent Van Dyck
On 6/19/13, 8:47 AM

Adding a bank is mandatory (but not blue highlighted) and BIC code of this bank is also mandatory (but not blue highlighted) in the bank form.

jb
On 6/10/13, 10:04 AM

"Put same BIC code into account number field then save. "

This makes no sense to me.

Accounting -> Configuration -> Setup your Bank Account Click on Create button and set bank account type = IBAN account Create new bank with BIC code and saved. Put same BIC code into account number field then save. http://www.business.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/international-business/iban-bic

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/10/13, 7:38 AM
Seen: 7489 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM