Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Best way to make .doc and .pdf reports?

Andrija Burlic
on 11/18/14, 10:37 AM 811 views

I want to make a lot of reports for OpenERP, but they all should have a lot of data inside tables, not just plain text. Also, very, very important issue is that reports should be in .doc and .pdf formats.

I made some reports via OpenOffice Report Designer, but in final reports in PDF are not as they should be- tables and data inside are not well, they are overlapped (this is not the case with .odt format, but I need .doc and .pdf)

My question is- what is the best solution for my problem. Also, if I have to use some report generator, which one is the best to use.
I have lot of troubles with AERO, since I can not make it to work (module Aeroo Reports - OpenOffice Helper Addon won't install, spend whole day today).

I'm using OPenERP v7...

Thanks in advance!

Are you saying that .doc files don't look right when viewed in OpenOffice? I've often found this to be the case. Have you tried opening the same .doc file in actual Microsoft Word?

Jeff Beidler
on 11/18/14, 5:02 PM
Andrija Burlic
On 11/18/14, 5:35 PM

No, I'm saying that reports made in OpenOffice don't look right when you send them to server to be viewed in .pdf format.

I need some kind of reports that can be viewed in both .doc and .pdf formats- common reports supoorts only .pdf, .odt and .html formats...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 11/18/14, 10:37 AM
Seen: 811 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM