Odoo Help

Best way to inherit states parameter of field

By
Michael Pol
on 3/26/15, 6:06 AM 1,016 views

I have requirement of modifying sale order workflow. I have added extras state in sale.order class. I want fields to be editable in form on those states. Following is the way we put states parameter in field.

states={'draft': [('readonly', False)], 'sent': [('readonly', False)],'newstate1' : [('readonly', False)]} 

I don't want to override existing fields. Is there any way I can apply states to all fields or selected fields in a class?

Thanks

Vasanth
On 3/27/15, 3:00 AM

you can change it in the xml view itself by using attributes:

For example:

<field name="your_field" position="attributes">

<attribute name="attrs">{'readonly':['('state',' in',['draft','sent','newstate1']}</attribute>

</field>

Thanks Vasant I want to apply through fields definition in py file. The problem is I don't want to write xpath or override for all fields which are there in default modules. This will be hectic. I hope you got my problem.

Michael Pol
on 3/27/15, 3:22 AM
deep
On 3/27/15, 7:22 AM

Use ORM method "fields_get"

In that you can change/set the property of a field... Try it out, It worked for me..

Refer in standard objects, like account_payment, res_bank etc, in which they have used it to customize the property of fields..

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/26/15, 6:06 AM
Seen: 1016 times
Last updated: 3/27/15, 6:20 PM