Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Best way to group customers together for a newsletter?

on 2/25/13, 5:23 PM 1,920 views

Looking to group my customers together based on their interests and send them email news on those topics.

I found a couple options for this but not sure which is best, or maybe there is another way I haven't found yet.

• Importing the contacts via csv and using the mass mailing option. It must be possible to apply to them a custom field for their interests but this may not be manageable by the customer themselves.
  • Using messaging groups and assigning customers to them. From what I understand this could allow customers to follow or unfollow public groups (or newsletters) from the portal. This seems like a better route but not sure if the portal would allow new customers to sign up without being added by an employee.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 2/25/13, 5:38 PM

Short answer: segments.

Considering that what you want to do is a newsletter, ie. a one-way communication channel, groups are not what you should look into. You should consider the Marketing application. Among others, it will allow you to define segments according to filters (in your case their interests), to write email templates and use variables depending on the recipients, to schedule the sending, and more. You should read the related chapter about the Marketing application in the doc.

Do you know of updated documentation for the marketing application?

Torvald Baade Bringsvor
on 1/8/16, 4:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/25/13, 5:23 PM
Seen: 1920 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM