Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Best way to generate a report when there are different payment options

By
José
on 2/24/15, 4:37 PM 611 views

Hello, I have Odoo 8.

In this case, I have two pricelists. The "base" pricelist, in where I have the base prices for the cash sales; and a pricelist for the sales with credit card. In the second pricelist, the prices are: "base_price * (1 + re_charge)" where re_charge is the percentage that the credit card discounts to the business. This percentage is returned to the credit card company, it is not a win for the business.

Example:

-Product A with base price of $100. re_charge = 0,1 so the price with credit card is $110.

When I get reports, these show me the value of the sale, and if I sell one unit of Product A with credit card, I see that I sell products for $110. But I have to return $10 to the credit card company, so my real sales are $100.

What is the best way to show the real value of sales in the reports? Thanks!

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 2/25/15, 4:47 AM

Instead of two price lists, use Fiscal position. Define additional Tax = re_charge. The taxes are reported separately.

PS. You can assign a fiscal position to partner or sale order.

It is a good idea! But when I add a tax to the fiscal position, I need to specify a "tax source" and a "replacement tax". If I want to add a new tax, without removing anything, how can I do? Because the field "tax source" is required.

José
on 2/25/15, 6:27 AM

You map, existing tax as source to new tax. New tax = old + included sub tax = re_charge.

zbik
on 2/25/15, 6:42 AM

It is not a solution. I need to maintain the current taxes because the credit card re_charge is applied AFTER of the other taxes. For example: my default sale tax is 21%. If a sell a $10 product, then the price with taxes is $12.1 and with 10% of charge is $13.31 if I do the new tax = 0.21 + 0.1 = 0.31 then $10 * 0.31 is $13.1 != $13.31 ... do you understand?

José
on 2/25/15, 6:50 AM

Tax constructions has more options and may include first tax in base amount for next. See https://doc.odoo.com/6.1/book/3/3_9/tax_structure/

zbik
on 2/25/15, 7:00 AM

Yes, I know that. I need to specify a default sale tax of 21% and set "Include in base amount" and sequence = 0. But then, what tax need I to replace in the definition of the fiscal position "credit card"? This is my problem...

José
on 2/25/15, 7:44 AM

I solved the problem! I create a fiscal position and in the "Taxes assignation" I set: Sale default tax 21% replace with -> Sale default tax 21% AND IN ANOTHER LINE sale default tax 21% replace with -> Re charge credit card 10%...

José
on 2/25/15, 7:58 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/24/15, 4:37 PM
Seen: 611 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM