Odoo Help

Best way to accomplish... (Service Oriented Company)

By
Brian Zurawski
on 6/2/16, 9:33 AM 501 views

First of all, thanks for reading.  New here, and just starting using the community edition a few days ago.   Have used Vtiger & Suite CRM in the past.   First of all the speed of Odoo is GREAT in comparison. 

I am not looking for invoicing solution,   just CRM, Project Management, Support (Issues) 

However, I can't seem to find a place to enter customer equipment.  Something similar to the "Employee Equipment".

I would like to keep track of my customers "Already Owned" equipment, without needing to go through the entire sales order process. 

This equipment, may also have a "annual hardware / software" support contract as well. 

Make, Model, Purchase Date, Custom, Custom, Custom, etc...

Would this need to be a custom Module? or is there something that can handle this?  Right now, it is done via a MS Access Database,   would like to eliminate Access and just have the information in one location. 

Thanks

Brian

Thanks,   I looked into creating a custom module, and it appeared rather complicated and the majority of the instructions were based upon linux.   

Is there any easier method?   Sorry to be a pain,  but I am very new to Odoo.   I don't know what you even mean "extend the view". 

thanks

Brian Zurawski
on 6/2/16, 5:15 PM
Gregory Dover
On 6/2/16, 5:08 PM

Hi Brian,

This can be accomplished in Odoo in a number of ways.  1)  You can use an existing Odoo module such as Fleet and just extend it to meet your needs OR 2) You can create a new model say "cust_equip" with many to one relationship to res.partner where your customers are defined, then extend the view to include tab for customer equipment.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/2/16, 9:33 AM
Seen: 501 times
Last updated: 6/3/16, 2:18 AM