This question has been flagged
2 Replies

First of all, thanks for reading.  New here, and just starting using the community edition a few days ago.   Have used Vtiger & Suite CRM in the past.   First of all the speed of Odoo is GREAT in comparison. 

I am not looking for invoicing solution,   just CRM, Project Management, Support (Issues) 

However, I can't seem to find a place to enter customer equipment.  Something similar to the "Employee Equipment".

I would like to keep track of my customers "Already Owned" equipment, without needing to go through the entire sales order process. 

This equipment, may also have a "annual hardware / software" support contract as well. 

Make, Model, Purchase Date, Custom, Custom, Custom, etc...

Would this need to be a custom Module? or is there something that can handle this?  Right now, it is done via a MS Access Database,   would like to eliminate Access and just have the information in one location. 

Thanks

Brian

Discard

Thanks,   I looked into creating a custom module, and it appeared rather complicated and the majority of the instructions were based upon linux.   

Is there any easier method?   Sorry to be a pain,  but I am very new to Odoo.   I don't know what you even mean "extend the view". 

thanks

Best Answer

Hi Brian,

This can be accomplished in Odoo in a number of ways.  1)  You can use an existing Odoo module such as Fleet and just extend it to meet your needs OR 2) You can create a new model say "cust_equip" with many to one relationship to res.partner where your customers are defined, then extend the view to include tab for customer equipment.

Discard