Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Best way of dealing with duplicate acctount types

By
Kyle Keyter
on 9/14/13, 7:52 PM 946 views

I have two account types which are identical except that the code for the one is "income" and the other one is "Income". My assumption is that a module created the duplicate. I only noticed this today, and my bookkeeper has already used both interchangeably without informing me of the problem.

Is there a way of either merging the two types into a single type, or deleting the one type and forcing all invalid references to the other type? If not, how would I go about forcing the bookkeeper to use only one?

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 9/18/13, 3:46 PM

Kyle,

There are 2 ways: 1. Choose either of them to use Always, and replace all occurrences of the other one by it. For example,if you choose 'Income', go and replace accounts with type='income' to be 'Income'. And disable/remove the unused one. 2. The first way will let your end user know that some type is replaced/Now only one type is available. The other way we suggest is, do a code so that user is able to see both, but when in operations either is used.

By the way, where has your accountant/bookkeper used the account types?

Thanks, Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

It was an invoice that was captured with the wrong account type. I actually forgot you can change which accounts use which account types. Thanks, your answer worked perfectly.

Kyle Keyter
on 9/19/13, 4:24 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/14/13, 7:52 PM
Seen: 946 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM