This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have two account types which are identical except that the code for the one is "income" and the other one is "Income". My assumption is that a module created the duplicate. I only noticed this today, and my bookkeeper has already used both interchangeably without informing me of the problem.

Is there a way of either merging the two types into a single type, or deleting the one type and forcing all invalid references to the other type? If not, how would I go about forcing the bookkeeper to use only one?

Discard
Best Answer

Kyle,

There are 2 ways: 1. Choose either of them to use Always, and replace all occurrences of the other one by it. For example,if you choose 'Income', go and replace accounts with type='income' to be 'Income'. And disable/remove the unused one. 2. The first way will let your end user know that some type is replaced/Now only one type is available. The other way we suggest is, do a code so that user is able to see both, but when in operations either is used.

By the way, where has your accountant/bookkeper used the account types?

Thanks, Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Discard
Author

It was an invoice that was captured with the wrong account type. I actually forgot you can change which accounts use which account types. Thanks, your answer worked perfectly.