Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Best Practices - Security

By
George Mengelberg
on 12/15/13, 10:24 PM 1,513 views

I am concerned about security when using POS, and OpenERP in general, in retail environment on both PCs and iPads. Is there an OpenERP best practices guide to securing the client operating environment?

Zahin
On 12/16/13, 1:23 AM

Application Security on user access.

http://goo.gl/UiIWs4

Security of Operating system.

You have to take administration of relevant Server OS which you use. [ubuntu 12.4 is best]

enable best firewall for server & in openerp allocate right security group to user.

For best practices, gather difficult user role and implement test and refine and share online to get accurate feedback.

I understand the need for basic hardening, but I am concerned about attacks on the the browser connecting to an OpenERP instance.

What about only accessing an instance from a workstation/iPad using a VPN in blocking mode which closes all interfaces and ports other than the ones dedicated to the VPN connection?

Is this something that is commonly used/recommended?

George Mengelberg
on 12/20/13, 1:01 PM

I do not know very depth of VPN, But you can install nginx server, enable proxy configuration, from nginx limit the users who only have access on it( or give IP Range), server application must only accessible from smart-dump terminal which are only eligible and responsible to access it.

When you talk regarding Security, must follow ACL of software and ACL for physical system, and ACL for human who only have access.

Server Security by ip address. Application security by group/role.

Zahin
on 12/21/13, 7:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/15/13, 10:24 PM
Seen: 1513 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM