This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I am starting the process of a massive import.  

Is there a recommend maximum I should be importing.  I have about 100,000 contacts I am brining over.  Should I break that down to 10k sizes?  

Appreciate the suggestions

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

What we have already experienced on massive contact import is a real weakness of performance.

You should test it with a first 10k contact file to see the time for validation.

If the performance is great, maybe you can increase the next batch.

P.

Discard
Author

Pierre, I found a fantastic excel macro that took my master companies list and broke it out to 20 files with 5000 companies each. Pretty slick! Going to try that a few times.

@Dale. good to hear you have found a fantastic macro. Would you mind to share that?

Best Answer

You might want to check this module: https://github.com/OCA/server-tools/pull/100

It seems to increase the speed of imports but also the stability of the process.

Regards,

Jordi

Discard
Author

Thanks Jordi! I will look.

Author

I reviewed the Github page and I personally don't feel comfortable or knowledgeable enough to even try. :)

Hey Dale, You might want to contact Sandy Carter. He is the guy who did the module and should be able to help you to use it if you need. You can reach him on twitter @bwrsandman or at sandy.carter@savoirfairelinux.com

Author Best Answer

Hi Pierre!  Great advice!  Thank you! 

Discard