Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Best practice for major changes in reports

Kenneth Hansen
on 4/19/16, 5:44 AM 227 views

As part of customizing the reports in Odoo to match our current layout for invoices,I have to make some major structural changes to the default invoice report template.

As I understand I have to write an addon for Odoo and use xpath to replace the parts I want to change.

Since I have to move multiple parts of the report to a different positon, I figured the easiest way would be to just create an xpath expression that targeted the entire template and the copy the contents of the original invoice template and modify the contents from there.

Another solution would be to target the individual parts of the report and create blank replacements for the parts that require it, which I think gives a lot of code that would not make sense.

My question is now what the best practice is when I have to move multiple parts of the report to a different location?        

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/19/16, 5:44 AM
Seen: 227 times
Last updated: 4/19/16, 5:55 AM