This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello Community,

Thought I wanted multiple warehouses.  Now I think at the moment it is just too complex for our small operation.  Better to not confuse the process with multiple locations until we are more proficient with Odoo.

Thought I would reach out here, to see if anyone wanted to lay out a quick step by step guide to move all inventory counts back to one Warehouse (WH/Stock), and then completely remove, or deactivate the old warehouse.

I imagine it is something like so, but hoping some of the more experienced users can fill in any missing blanks for us:

1. Report on all inventory currently listed in the (TOBEREMOVED/Stock) location

2. Zero out all that inventory.

3. Add in those quantities back to (WH/Stock)

4. Delete all routes/methods referencing (TOBEROMOVED) warehouse

5. Delete (TOBEREMOVED) warehouse

Does the above process describe a safe method to get back to only one warehouse? I know Odoo can be tricky and sometimes lets you delete things despite their existence still being relied upon somewhere in the system.

Thanks for any and all help.

Odoo v9

Discard

@Cliff, hopefully you'll get many suggestions. My first suggestion is to backup your database and try the proposed fixes on that one, on a completely separate installation of Odoo, running that backedup copy of your database just in case. It'll make it easy to roll back incase anything goes haywire. And highlevel, I would think a psql where TOBEREMOVED update to WH and then removal of TOBEREMOVED warehouse within Odoo - best

Best Answer

I had somehow a similar problem, in my case the transaction (purchase and Delivery) were performed in different warehouse location, so what I did is I play around with query and change those source and destination warehouse location for all stock move with query and deleted the other location then uncheck multi warehouse option.

Discard