Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Hi i would like to host Openerp/Odoo in production server. Now i m using Godaddy Hosting for my websites. But it is difficult to run Odoo there.
My Questions are
1) Who is the best Hosting provider which supports Odoo other than themselves?
2) I would like to know which OS is good for hosting not for developing?
3) Can i use Openerp Bitnami instances in other hosting servers?
4) Can i use muliple Odoo instances in same server with different db with different url's?
5) What are the skills needed to successfully deploy Odoo on servers?
6) Any Indian Hosting Company officialy Supports Odoo in its servers?
7) Is there any document available related to server deployments?
8) What is the minimum python, postgres versions needed in servers for Odoo 7 and 8?
9) How can we backup databases on server automatically after some particular period?
10) How can i run Odoo with mulitple workers? Because i m using prestashop with Odoo.
11) Is there a official init script to keep my servers running all day?
Hi Kindly Note: These are all beginners questions. Provide some answers related to questions. Dont say go to that website and purchase those connector for prestashop [Previous Experience on this forum]. Odoo is community driven development. Some quality developers now working on github for Odoo. So dont spoil Odoo's Community forum's name. Thanks.
A lot of these questions are really open-ended and/or subjective, please read this forum's guidelines.
- GNU/Linux is better supported.
- Yes: How-do-I-use-openERP-with-multiple-domains-on-single-server.
- It depends on what you mean by "officially supported". Probably not.
- Yes, just use Google. Keep in mind that you could find some oudated guides, always look at the date and try to avoid old (3+ years) ones.
- Any currently supported versions of Python and PostgreSQL work
- You have a lot of options, see this question and its answers. See also this presentation at the 2014 OpenDays about barman, which seems a pretty cool utility.
- You have the --workers option in openerp-server. See this question and odony's answer
- Yes, you can find it in your odoo directory/debian/openerp.init
I can help with some of your questions.
You can use Odoo either hosted through OpenERP SA themselves, another provider or host it yourself. Keep in mind that you need to subscribe for "official support" from Odoo but there is nothing requiring you to do this to use the software. You could host it on your own server or on a cloud server.
I have implemented Odoo on both Linux and Windows. Honestly I don't find either better than the other for Odoo. Both have everything you need to run Odoo.
You could use Bitnami's instances, however I have found them to be very unreliable and prefer to install the OS, Python and Postgresql myself
Backups can be easily done with a script to dump your Postgresql databases somewhere. This is where all your Odoo data is stored.
This is a pretty good guide to installing Odoo on Ubuntu Linux - http://pulse7.net/openerp/install-odoo-ubuntu-14-04-github/
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/5/14, 1:55 PM|
|Seen: 10861 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|