Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

BCC emails

By
Eric Gobert
on 9/2/14, 6:15 AM 935 views

Hi, is there any possibility to link a sent email from gmail with BCC to Odoo that can generate a lead contact assigning directly to the right sales person? Thanks

Michael Bos
On 9/2/14, 11:22 AM

Dear Eric,

You can ofcourse make a link that sends an e-mail with BCC to Odoo, just google for that and there are plently great HowTo's.

For your other question. I know you can set an e-mail as being your incoming leads box. This will make all e-mails into a seperate lead. Those are not assigned to a sales person yet. But you could make an automated action for that which selects your lead and based on the subject (name of the lead) it assigns it to your sales person. Is that what you mean?

To set this e-mail go to : Settings -> Sales and then almost at the bottom select "Make leads from incoming mails". Here you should configure your e-mail adres to check for e-mails in that particular box.

The automated action would involve different links(links in which the BCC is sent as stated above) for different sales persons. You give them all a subject name of that particular Sales person.

Then go to Settings -> Automated Actions and create an automated action for each sales person.

The filter is explained how to create this in the light grey text under the filter boxes. Then in the "Action" tab you change the responsible person to the Sales person you want. The Trigger I would use is on creation and then let it wait 1 minute so that the two processen don't entangle.

I hope this is clear for you. If you got anymore questions just comment or contact @ info@merp.nl

Good Luck

Dear Michael, many thanks for your reply. i can't see the"make leads from..." i am on Saas 7.3. Actually, when i send an email with BCC odoo ( info@mycompany.odoo.com ) a lead is generated but doesn't go directly to sender leads. moreover there is limited information recorded, i just want to use this BCC as it best, not sure i am clear enough on my explanation (: Thank you in advance

Designers Field, Eric Gobert
on 9/2/14, 10:50 PM

Dear Eric, I see. I don't have any experience with Saas 7.3. So I might be wrong. You do have an admin login? If so go to Settings -> Users. Select your (the admin) user and click on "Acces Rights" when you scroll down a bit is Techincal options ticked? (sorry if the translations are off a bit I am translating it from Dutch to English for myself, so they may have used a little different translation). If that one is not ticked, tick it and try the steps mentioned above again. If not let me know, I will dig into this a little deeper.

Mibo, Michael Bos
on 9/3/14, 1:37 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/2/14, 6:15 AM
Seen: 935 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM