This question has been flagged
1 Reply

This might see absurd, but..

I received a copy of OpenERP Software distributed by OpenERP S.A to its partners during a partner meet in January from a friend .

It consisted of a folder stable7.0 with 3 sub folders addons, server & web). The sub folders contained the usual .bzr folder and the .bzrignore file.

I made no modifications to any files or folders, but today when I tried to do

bzr merge in the addons folder

its showing the message

bzr: ERROR: Working tree "your_path" has uncommitted changes

bzr status gives almost all files names in the original copy under the modified: heading.

My theory is that OpenERP S.A took a copy from the public branch bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/ and fixed some bugs and then distributed to its partners.(without committing back.)

Hence the uncommitted changes message in the bzr merge command.

Am I missing some important concept about bazaar ? OpenERP S.A my sincere apologies, if I am mistaken. I'm just curious (may be too much.)

Discard

HI, man bzr : bzr merge [LOCATION], bzr: ERROR: Working tree "your_path" has uncommitted changes: locally no change because no location defined ?

Author

Could you please elaborate.

Hi, could you read bazaar documentation commands ? Bye

Best Answer

Hello, I don't know exactly what you did and if you get what's expected. Nevertheless, there is no reason to suspect any manipulation from OpenERP-SA in your case as in any other case by the way. The fact that .bzr is not cleaned out before passing the directory shows that it was just a rough copy that was not intended to be widely spread. Nothing more than unprepared work. You get all software on bazaar as soon as committed, every day. OpenERP SA openness regarding code is not at risk.

Your question makes sens to me, I don't understand why someone noted you -1, without being able to answer you. regards.

Discard