Odoo Help

2 Answers

Martin Canada

--Martin--

| 6 6 10
Cornwall, Canada
--Martin--

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

Martin Canada
2/22/14, 9:14 AM

There is a launchpad bug report about this, ". . . unbind is for bound branches, a lightweight checkout is not a bound branch, that's the bug, unbind should warn about that, not suggesting upgrade"

unbind shouldn't suggest upgrade

By the way, Keyur's answer above is completely incorrect. " you can upgrade your bazaar branch by giving by command : bzr pull or bzr update". An update and an upgrade are two very different things:

• update - brings in the latest changes from the repository.
  • upgrade - changes the branch management software.

You can, of course, try the suggested upgrade with :

bzr upgrade --2a

Just bear in mind that it's pointless.

The real solution is to get the entire heavyweight branch. The technique for doing that is described here: Using bzr for installing OpenERP

Keyur India

--Keyur--
| 4 4 10
Ahmedabad, India
--Keyur--

Odoo Expert

Keyur India
6/16/13, 9:21 AM

Hi white, you can upgrade your bazaar branch by giving by command : bzr pull or bzr update

Maybe then it will work.

Thanks.

2 Comments
white
6/16/13, 12:10 PM

Thank you for your response. When i tried bzr pull I got the following error, white@Acer-5830TG:~/bzr/temp/server$ bzr pull bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock LockDir(chroot-65376016:///%2Bbranch/openobject-server/7.0/.bzr/branch/lock): Transport operation not possible: readonly transport when I tried bzr update it executed successfully. But when i tried bzr unbind i got the same error i posted.

Keyur India
6/24/13, 9:12 AM

You can apply bzr break-lock command. Maybe that will solve your problem. And make sure you have given right permission to your repositories.

Ask a Question
Writer
Tags
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now