This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Greetings :)

I want to download source from bazaar it may take more than an two hours to download source code using bzr branch command (my network is bit slow)

But fastest way is to use checkout along with --lightweight

example

bzr checkout --lightweight lp:openobject-server/7.0 server bzr checkout --lightweight lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons bzr checkout --lightweight lp:openerp-web/7.0 web

I do not want to update my changes into repository as I am not a vivid developer. I tried to use the following command

cd server bzr unbind

I got the following error

bzr: ERROR: To use this feature you must upgrade your branch at bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/openobject-server/7.0/.

What does it mean? how do I upgrade?

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

Hi white, you can upgrade your bazaar branch by giving by command : bzr pull or bzr update

Maybe then it will work.

Thanks.

Discard
Author

Thank you for your response. When i tried bzr pull I got the following error, white@Acer-5830TG:~/bzr/temp/server$ bzr pull bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock LockDir(chroot-65376016:///%2Bbranch/openobject-server/7.0/.bzr/branch/lock): Transport operation not possible: readonly transport when I tried bzr update it executed successfully. But when i tried bzr unbind i got the same error i posted.

You can apply bzr break-lock command. Maybe that will solve your problem. And make sure you have given right permission to your repositories.

Best Answer

There is a launchpad bug report about this, ". . . unbind is for bound branches, a lightweight checkout is not a bound branch, that's the bug, unbind should warn about that, not suggesting upgrade"

unbind shouldn't suggest upgrade

By the way, Keyur's answer above is completely incorrect. " you can upgrade your bazaar branch by giving by command : bzr pull or bzr update". An update and an upgrade are two very different things:

• update - brings in the latest changes from the repository.
  • upgrade - changes the branch management software.

You can, of course, try the suggested upgrade with :

bzr upgrade --2a

Just bear in mind that it's pointless.

The real solution is to get the entire heavyweight branch. The technique for doing that is described here: Using bzr for installing OpenERP

Discard