This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

I'm using OpenERP V7 from an hosted website and currently editing layouts using OpenOffice 3.4.1

I could sucessfully edit the SalesOrder layouts but changes to Invoice layout does not make any difference when printing the document from OpenERP Interface. (I can see that the database is up to date when I "Modify an existing report" which contains all my changes. Is there something that could prevent my changes from being appied ?

I read somewhere that there reports are "database saved" and that there are some "files reports saved", is this correct ? may that cause the problem ? If Yes, how could i change the "priority" ?

thank for you help !

Discard

Hi Xavier, make sure the changes you have applied to report is also applied on rml file of your report. Change in just sxw file is not sufficient.

Author

Hello, how can i check that both have been edited from OpenOffice ?

Generally reports are created using base_report_designer module. You can check in openerp client in Settings-Technical-Actions-Reports there you can find many report records. There are some fields if there is a .rml file in Report File field then that report is created by openoffice or if there are .xsl & .xml file in XSL Path and XML Path field then that report is created by XSL reports.

Best Answer

Hi,

If you edit the report layout without connecting the openerp database from open office. You have to convert those changes to corresponding rml file. Scripts are there to do so.

And if you are connected the report via openerp report designer, it should have to work . For testing please put some static text and send that to server via openerp report designer.

Discard