Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Base Euro administration and international supplier invoice in USD & GBP currency

By
M.A.Munning
on 5/30/14, 9:03 AM 1,513 views

I have OpenERP 7.1 with EURO as base currency. I like to administer invoices from suppliers in UK and USA in there native currency (USD and GBP) . The prices are not fixed so i can't use the pricelist or suppliers list tables.

There are module to calculate the price from US & GBP. This module is installed but the system keeps complaining about.

"Fout!

No currency rate associated for currency 1 for the given period 

Even with a currency rate made in the currency tabel, Openerp is keeping gining this message.

This happends when suppliers invoices are made in the past (2013) and i like to acknowledge them. Ledger is still open.

Which steps should i make book the suppliers invoices and let Openerp calculate the current valuta??

Regards, Maarten

Dear Fabien, If I set the currency rate on the given date, even then the error still exists. Example : I have set multi-currency with EURO as  base currency in company settings. I have a suplier in US . Amount is 21 USD on 11 march 2013. I can fill in the supplier invoice in Openerp 7.0 and when I validate the system is giving me: No currency rate associated for currency 1 for the given period. When is fill in a currency at accounting / supplier invioces / suplier invoice /USD for the given date 11-3-2013  even then the system is complaining with the same error. I even tried a another date setting. Maybe the int date setting is incorrect? So i fill in a currency at  accounting / supplier invioces / suplier invoice /USD 3-11-2013  and a currency of 1.365000. Even then the system giving the same error. Is the system not capable of working in the past fiscal year? regards, Maarten

M.A.Munning
on 6/12/14, 5:55 AM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 5/30/14, 5:06 PM

You should provide the currency rate at a date anterior to the one of your invoice. On the currency, add a new rate at a prior date.

Odoo can't do the conversion of currency since it does not have a currency rate at the date of your invoice.

PS: OpenERP v7.1 does not exists :) I guess you use version 7.0.

Sorry , for my absence for a long time. According to your line " Oddo can't do conversion" : Even when i fill in a conversion table for this specific year?Post accounting will be very difficult if this the case.Every invoice with foreign currency will be calculate by hand to Euro at the moment of entering.

M.A.Munning
on 10/2/14, 11:40 AM
M.A.Munning
On 6/12/14, 6:03 AM

I changed the periods in my currency setting. Normal setting is 1/1/2014   with value 1.0.

I put also 1/1/2013  with the same value 1.0 and made the EURO currency not base.

Currency rate for the foreign currency's i use are created for the given period. 

When i create a suppliers invoce and i force the system to place the invoce in the past period in my case 4/2013, the system accepts the foreign currency and even could validate it.

But what happens when i reconcile in Euro? Will the system calculate to Euro? Will it calculate the diffence and put in in gain/lossews account?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/30/14, 9:03 AM
Seen: 1513 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM