This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is there a way to create a barcode that triggers a Purchase Order for a part? 

I have a component that is an expense item thus I don't manage the inventory for it. I'd like to set up a kanban system where I have a sleeve full of cards with barcodes. As needed the associate turns in the barcoded card which is then scanned triggering a replenishment order for the expense item.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Jesse:

I'm not sure if this fully addresses your requirement. One way to do this would be to use barcode scanning to select the product and then click on the "Replenishment" button on the product template to specify the quantity and automatically add the product to a Purchase Order. You need to make sure that the vendor has been configured for each of these products in the product template. 

This will keep "collecting" the replenishment requests in one Purchase Order for each vendor. The PO's will then need to be verified and confirmed manually at periodic intervals. This has been done to optimize the procurement process so that you can send a consolidated PO to each vendor instead of one PO for each item ordered.

You will need some level of customization if this whole process is to be automated to make it a single scan process.

Discard
Best Answer

Is there any update to this topic? I want to order cosumables by barcode, too. 
An ideal process would like this: 
1. Work through the inventor and scan all consumable items to reorder. 

2. Set the products on a collection list 

3. When creating a supplier RFQ or order (supplier XY), it must now be possible to add all products from the collection list for which supplier XY is stored. 

4. During adding to the RFQ, show for each product how much more expensive the actual supplier is, than the cheapest.

Discard