Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Barcode scanner makes problems in POS

on 7/11/13, 9:13 AM 2,360 views

The barcode reader I own enters new line at the end of the barcode (code 13) and if the mouse pointer is above a button it will press it before adding the product. For example I put with the mouse product 1 and then if I scan product 2 I end up with 2 x product 1 and 1x product 2 (the mouse is still over product 1). To avoid I have to make sure that the mouse pointer is on the empty area before scanning a product. This doens't happen if I use barcode scanner which doesn´t put new line at the end.

How can I fix that?

On 7/11/13, 11:58 AM

Hello Branimir.

If you can locate the manual for your barcode scanner there is usually an option to change of disable the line-break after scanning. The barcode scanner's settings can be accessed by scanning special settings barcodes in the instruction manual.

Hope this helps.

On 12/21/15, 6:02 AM

Does anyone have recommandation on the scanner that work for you ? 

On 7/14/13, 4:35 PM

Thanks man! This was causing me so many headaches.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 7/11/13, 9:13 AM
Seen: 2360 times
Last updated: 12/21/15, 6:02 AM