Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Bank Statement Reconciliation functionality?

By
Kevin
on 1/14/15, 11:48 AM 1,001 views

We are currently looking to migrate from world of Sage Accounting (currently parallel running) and are testing Odoo V7. 

We are at the stage of looking at the functionality to perform a reconciliation of a bank statement and have looked for an answer but am still struggling to understand the process in Version 7.   From research the standard Odoo accounting functionality doesn’t have a function to perform a bank reconciliation although I’m happy to be corrected?

We would like to have a two stage approach where we first record the customer and supplier payments as soon as we are aware payment has been made (which we are able to do fine) and then a second stage at the end of the month where we reconcile all of the months transactions.  I assume this is standard practice?

Perhaps the problem is our interpretation of how the standard process is performed in Odoo having come from a Sage environment.  Does anyone have any experience of how the process of paying customers and suppliers and then reconciling the bank as a separate task should take place using the standard Odoo accounting functionality?   Alternately has anyone successfully used a customised module which allows a bank statement to be reconciled, such as the Bank Account Reconciliation module from NovaPoint Group LLC?

Help and advice greatly appreciated

Kevin

Kevin
On 1/19/15, 5:18 AM

After some more research I found a module which allows the Journal Vouchers to be imported on to the Bank Statement, 'Bank and Cash Statement with Vouchers' by Cubic ERP, this add an import vouchers button.  This appers to add the records we need to perform a reconcilliation.  I also added the module 'account_bank_statement/account_voucher usability improvements' by Noviat which additionally allows amendment of the individual transactions if required.

Hope this is of help, if anyone else has used these modules and is able to confirm they work for Bank Statement Reconcilliation it would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/14/15, 11:48 AM
Seen: 1001 times
Last updated: 6/29/16, 4:32 AM