This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello, I have Odoo 8.

I have a partner who is at same time customer and supplier. How can I balance the amount of the invoices? For example:

-Sale invoice of $100.

-Purchase invoice of $50.

Then, the partner due to me $50 and the PO should be in "paid" state automatically. How can I do this, or what is the best way to manage this type of cases? Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

You can define one unique account  for the recording of both sales and purchase invoice!

My additional 2 cents! :)

For a legal standpoint, make sure you are allowed to net these two transactions. some countries do not allow this.

For an internal control standpoint, it is not recommended to do this; imagine that one of the invoices becomes disputed by one of the parties! An automatic netting option will have paid the disputed invoice, may be without you agreement!

Discard

is there a way to manually balance those invoices against each other. That would avoid the problems in a dispute situation you mention

Author

In the Client form, in Account tab, I can define only "receivable" accounts for the default account receivable and "turn out" accounts for the default account turn out. So I can't define the same account in both places.

But you can have 2 different forms for the same entity; for instance José Supplier and José Customer; and for both of them record invoices and payments into the same receivable or payable account (choose the type according to the most probable situation for one to be either in a position to owe you money (customer case) or in the contrary to be creditor (supplier case); I never tried this :)
Le 12/02/2015 14:20, José a écrit :
<blockquote cite="mid:1423747247.451277017593384.080419418830789-openerp-76116-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

In the Client form, in Account tab, I can define only "receivable" accounts for the default account receivable and "turn out" accounts for the default account turn out. So I can't define the same account in both places.

--
José
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post Balance the invoices of a partner who is customer and supplier (76116)
--
Michel Guénard, Associé
Author

I don't understand. I create one customer and one supplier, which represents the same partner. But in the supplier I need to set a payable account, and in the customer I need to set a receivable account. I can't set the same account. Can you give me an example? Thanks you a lot!