Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

backup db

on 9/26/14, 6:17 AM 648 views

i need to backup database of openerp 7.0 fro amazon server

i dont know ,how it is

pls help me for finding a solution

Tidy Way
On 12/24/14, 3:41 AM

Hello Jyothi,

There are two ways

1) You can take backup from manage database option from OpenERP GUI.

2) You want to take backup from amazone server , you must have XXXX.pem  for login.then you should take it via terminal.

I heard people more expereinced then me saying the database backup from the OpenERP GUI was not reliable. I think running a pgdump from the commandline is a pretty common method to backup a postgresql database

on 12/24/14, 4:32 AM

Gunnar is actually correct in this statement. The GUI backup is not really reliable so the terminal way is preferred. I have had errors restoring on more than 1 occasion, even when restoring to the same database. Look up pg_dump from terminal and you should be fine.

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/24/14, 4:47 AM

I also heard some talk about a tool for backups of postgresql databases called barman lately. http://www.pgbarman.org/

on 12/24/14, 6:26 AM

Gunnar, i see this link, its nice!!

Tidy Way
on 12/26/14, 12:03 AM
Demirel yakito
On 12/24/14, 7:39 AM

its possible to backup using odoo localhost. use this link, check before your server is ON.

after load this link, you can see manage databases at bottom and click it, there is backup option. after choose your database which you want to backup.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/26/14, 6:17 AM
Seen: 648 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM