Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Backup and restore odoo 8

Vinod Kumar
on 3/8/16, 5:49 AM 371 views

odoo 8 its not allowing me to take backup of my server from front end its giving error

What error ? How you trying to do backup of your database ?

Dr Obx
on 3/8/16, 8:36 AM

we have tried backup from postgres backend and restoring it new instance also

Vinod Kumar
on 3/8/16, 8:44 AM

and we had tried downloading zip files its stating unexpected error

Vinod Kumar
on 3/8/16, 8:46 AM

The question is what error you get.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/8/16, 8:46 AM

Uncaught syntax error : unexpected end of input

Vinod Kumar
on 3/8/16, 8:55 AM

Have you edited any module, changing any code? Check it out first.

Odoo Honduras
on 3/8/16, 9:25 AM

Have you tried this ? Database Auto-Backup By VanRoey.be - Yenthe Van Ginneken It works pretty well, no problems while backup, easy to manage and also restore process is quiet simple using the file made by this module.

Dr Obx
on 3/8/16, 9:52 AM

Of course before that, you should find what is the cause of your problem.

Dr Obx
on 3/8/16, 9:53 AM

This error could be anything. It seems to me that you are not looking for help, or how many more times do we have to ask you for a proper error log printout????? If it is too much work to help to troubleshoot your own issue, i'll close your question.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/8/16, 1:01 PM

sorry for the late reply i am getting fallowing error http://postimg.org/image/6vr0su509/

Vinod Kumar
on 3/9/16, 12:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/8/16, 5:49 AM
Seen: 371 times
Last updated: 3/8/16, 8:34 AM