Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

background-image working in html report but not in pdf report

Damián Soriano
on 6/11/14, 3:43 PM 8,450 views

I am generating a QWeb/Report with the following css rule:

.table-condensed {background-image:url('/l10n_ar_report_invoice/static/invoice_back.png');

and I see it correctly while printing the report in html. But when I set the report as PDF report the image is not shown.

Is there any way see a background-image in the pdf generated by QWeb/Report?

Have you managed to do this?

Pascal Tremblay
on 12/23/14, 6:57 PM

I think your image url might be wrong..

on 12/24/14, 12:10 AM

Hi Damian: I am facing the same issue.. Did you get any solution for this?

on 4/25/16, 4:41 AM
Jaydeep Barot (jar)
On 5/8/15, 7:05 AM

Wkhtmltopdf can render png,gif or jpg images as backgrounds.

using the syntax with 5 or more so lines.
<table class="table table-condensed" style="background-image:url('http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/179/f/a/balloons_stock_2_png_by_mysticmorning-d3kds2w.png');">  

<table class="table table-condensed" style="background-image:url('http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Torus_with_cross-hatched_wireframe.gif');">

| 5 4 7
Lodz, Poland

On 12/30/14, 6:17 AM

Wkhtmltopdf cannot render png or gif images as backgrounds. Try converting your background image to a jpg.

<div class="page" t-attf-style="background-image:url('/my_module/static/img/wzor.jpg'); background-size:195mm 282mm; width:195mm; height:282mm;"> 

I am using jpg image but still the same, the image is only shown in html report and can not be shown in PDF report.

Mohamed Magdy
on 1/19/15, 8:33 AM

In my system works ok?! May try to update wkhtmltopdf.

on 1/19/15, 8:50 AM
Mohamed Magdy
On 1/19/15, 8:33 AM

Did anyone find the solution ?

On 6/22/16, 12:35 AM

I have faced a same problem and the problem was due to the background CSS shorthand rule (background: ....). So when i separate it to the generic CSS rules (background-image & background-position etc ..) the image has appeared correctly.

Note: I was using a png background.

Hope that helps!

Alex Lyngsoe
On 3/31/15, 3:55 AM

Did any of you find a solution on this ? I have the same issue with jpg image showing on html but not on pdf report.

Same issue.. Any solution?

on 4/25/16, 4:44 AM
we solved the problem by upgrading the wkhtmltopdf.

2016-04-25 10:44 GMT+02:00 Shiv Modi <shiv.modi4@gmail.com>:

Same issue.. Any solution?

Shiv Modi

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo

Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Alex Lyngsøe

Alex Lyngsøe - IT & Forretningsoptimering
Bøelvej 19, DK-6690 Gørding
Tel. +45 28 56 00 30  CVR.Nr.: 30793277
mail@alexlyngsoe.dk  www.alexlyngsoe.dk   

Odoo OpenSource ERP solutions. Et fleksibelt Online ERP system med mange udvidelses- og tilpasningsmuligheder. Fra 190,- pr. bruger/måned. 

Alex Lyngsoe
on 4/25/16, 5:04 AM
On 7/3/15, 7:31 AM

When I installed Odoo.deb from Odoo website (also from nightly), every thing seems Ok, and logos (jpg&gif) printed in pdf reports, this mean that the issue is with the Github Odoo repository.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

6 follower(s)

Asked: 6/11/14, 3:43 PM
Seen: 8450 times
Last updated: 6/22/16, 12:35 AM