Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Backend BUS Doesn't work with remote location of the database

By
angel lacret
on 7/14/15, 8:58 AM 403 views

I'm having troubles with v8 when the installation of the database it's outside (ip connection) of the machine where i'm running the odoo.

I narrow down the problem to the connection, i tested:

- the database version,

- the modules version,

- the demo data, -

- the server port,

- from clean databases

And the results are that, the server bus in the backend does not register the messages in the database, therefore the frontend does not receive the message.

I did this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30784771/reload-kanban-view-after-a-wizards-closes-in-odoo-8 to reload a kanban view, but when i install the database outside the server (different machines different IP) the backend bus doesn't work:

This does absolutely nothing:

bus = self.env['bus.bus']

message = {

'subject': '',

'body': 'Appointment Set',

'mode': 'notify',

}

bus.sendone('<CHANNEL-NAME>', message)

And does not give any error message.

I am investigating more about this, but with no good results. I am attaching the logs and the databases dump (FYI: i've try to restore the local database dump in the remote server, but that didn't work either)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/14/15, 8:58 AM
Seen: 403 times
Last updated: 7/14/15, 8:58 AM