Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Automation of incoming Fax and scanned Papers

By
Beat Besmer
on 9/20/13, 12:19 PM 4,112 views

I want to create a paperless office with maximum automation. Far too often I see in offices, in which the processes are too complicated. There is too much time wasted with looking for documents, correcting of redundant data, correcting missing links, missed parts of the work process. The office stuff should be reduced to a minumum using a multifunctional server.

Now i only need to find reliable and free available software components. Once it runs, it would be offered as a turnkey solution to help young swiss entrepreneurs saving money for expensive Licensing. Of course, the online version of OpenERP is also a possibility. However, the development phase is expected to cost only time and no subscription fees. I know the road is long and hard :) OpenERP already appears to cover many needs.

The idea is pretty much at the beginning, even without much preparation, this is why i ask the questions here to see if OpenERP is the right choice. Also, I have not yet gained much knowledge on this topic, what I'm going to change with these questions :) Thanks for every reply

Telephone connection
I've seen that theres a module for asterisk. Some functions such as
- incoming calls assign the customer
- Click2Call.
Do you see a possibility, receive and store incoming faxes in the DMS, assignet to customer based on the number (or see next question) ?

Automation for incoming mail
All incoming documents should be scanned (SOHO Scanner, just save in a specific folder where the server is checking, for example) and the file will be
(1. ) put in a few steps in the DMS (like first question). And then, more important
(2.) the documents will be recognised (OCR) and assigned to the correct customer / supplier and ...(this would be the greatest...)
(3.) with extracted key information (long training, i know), it would generate a corresponding - draft invoice, - delivery, - payment to suppliers or auto-answer which i only have to check, correct ans save.
I've read about NAN-Scan and CuneiForm. I didn't had the time to evaluate.

I'm thankfull for every hint. I don't need the whole configuration/solution. I also want to have some work to do ;)

any progress or comment to share so far on that matter?

Skillteam, Houssine BAKKALI
on 4/11/14, 8:04 AM

nope :( paperless office is an important future milestone. but bevor this, i'll have to setup all for automatic account-banking in switzlernad to terminate my accountant ;) step-by-step. due i work only 8 hours a week with openERP, this will take some time :( sory

Beat Besmer
on 4/16/14, 5:10 PM

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 9/20/13, 1:07 PM

This is going to need a significant amount of custom programming of not just openERP, but alot of backend programs.

Faxes - hylafax with a script that assigns documents to partners based on the incoming callerID

OCR - OCRopus - will let you convert tifs and pdfs to text, but OCR is more of an art than a science. See http://www.dkriesel.com/en/blog/2013/0802_xerox-workcentres_are_switching_written_numbers_when_scanning?

NAN-Scan - i haven't tried it looks like it has many features.

Unless openERP adds it to their cloud service this would need to be hosted.

You should engage a partner to see if they want to work with you on this. https://www.openerp.com/partners/directory

Antonello Ventre
On 2/23/15, 1:23 AM

Hello we are launching a project based on odoo for intelligent management, in the cloud,of  service requests. The system,  starting from an input (which can be a voice call, a fax, an email or a web request) and questioning its base of knowledge or the web, will  give  a response to the customer or choose the most suitable partner to correct the problem.
The project involves the University of Salerno (research partners that will study the artificial intelligence's model ) the Vemar sas (technology partner) and experienced practitioners of artificial intelligence. If it wants I can keep informed about the milestones and details can email me at 

antonello. ventre@vemarsas.it

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/20/13, 12:19 PM
Seen: 4112 times
Last updated: 5/24/15, 5:01 PM